This e-commerce course looks at what is involved in having an e-commerce website from populating, setting up of the store to marketing.
If you have an existing website and would like to offer the facility of trading online; if you have a unique new idea and want to sell it online; or if you have a product or a service that you want to sell online, then this course is for you.
The course will be hands on using pre-installed e-commerce software. Participants can then populate the store with products and experience what it means to have an online store by exploring the challenges and opportunities that exist.
Some of the Open Source applications explored in the workshops are
(Open Cart, Prestashop and Joomla VirtueMart).
Shop Management | Website Management | Online Payments types and their methods | Social Media Marketing |E-Mail Marketing
Course Fee: N50, 000
Duration: 5 Weeks
Brief Course Content
This E-Commerce training course covers the following topics:
Introduction to E-commerce
• Planning (technology, products, budget, marketing)
• How to get started
• It’s all in the name (domain names)
• Setting up hosting
• Which application is best for me?
• Benefits of e-Commerce
• Limitations and challenges
• E-Commerce Models
- Login to the store as an administrator
- Login in as a user
- Setting configurations for the store
- Entering products in to the catalogue
- Editing text in Content Manager
- Setting up currencies, languages, reviews
- Setting up shipping
- Setting up tax rules (gst)
- Setting up payment methods
Daily Store Management
• Customer and order management
• Product management
• Data management
• Sales management
Marketing my Store
• Online marketing
• Google PPC
• Social Media marketing
• Email marketing
• Facebook and beyond
• Off-line marketing
Payment Platform Integration
Online Payments types and their methods like;
- CASH ENVOY
Upon completion of this HTML course, it is expected that participants will have the ability to:
1. Create a few basic web pages.
2. Insert and format text
3. Apply hyperlinks to connect pages and communicate with user base through the email link.
4. Structure the content on your web page.
5. Use HTML5 as the new structural language for the web.
6. Apply styles to some page elements.
7. Insert and control images on your web page.
8. Create, modify, and format a basic layout.
This HTML course is suitable for those who wish to acquire web development knowledge by hand-coding HTML
You should be familiar with using personal computers with a mouse and keyboard and possess basic typing skills. You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on your computer. Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. Familiarity with Internet Explorer and Firefox would also be an advantage.