This Graphic Design Training course introduces the fundamental concepts of graphic design and visual communication, bridging the gap between theory and real world practice. It is intended to provide a design basics ‘toolkit’ for those working within design or working closely with designers. The Graphic Design course views design as a communication tool, exploring how and why it works.
Delivered through individual and teamed exercises, lecture, discussion, case studies, this Graphic Design course is tailored to your specific business goals. Call us or contact us for more to discuss your needs.
By the end of our Graphic Design for Beginners training course, you will be able to:
- Understand visual communication best practice
- Apply fundamental concepts of graphic design to your work
- Produce materials using a design basics ‘toolkit’
- Improve your processes to produce better work faster
Who is this course for?
Anybody who wants to work with graphics design on a daily basis and needs to learn the basic concepts and develop a design toolkit to get started.
- Module 1: introduction to graphic design
- Module 2: design basics
- Module 3: introduction to typography
- Module 4: colour
- Module 5: advanced typography
- Module 6: photography
- Module 7: logotype design
- Module 8: design systems i
- Module 9: layout design
- Module 10: design systems ii
- Module 11: preparing your portfolio
“There are three responses to a piece of design – yes, no, and WOW! … “a