Web Design Training
All web pages are built on the foundations of HTML(Hyper Text Markup Language) and understanding this is key . It is the basis for modern and stable web development practices.
This HTML course will introduce you in a practical manner (i.e. hand coding) into HTML as a web development language and eventually learn to use editors like Dreamweaver and Image editing softwares like Fireworks for image management skills.
You will gain valuable knowledge that can be applied to all web development processes. Participants will learn how to create a number of web pages, place and manipulate content like text, images, and links, structure it and develop them into a basic website.
OH YES! And also upload their web projects for the whole world to see.
Course Fee: N35, 000
Brief Course Content
This HTML course will cover the following topics:
Basic Concepts in HTML
• Quick Outline to Web Page Creation, What to do, and When.
• HTML structure: explore the basic structure of the language and the HTML document.
• HTML basic syntax: Dos and don’ts of the HTML syntax, beginning and ending your page.
• Document type definition: obtain compliance of your document with DTD.
• Inserting and editing text.
• Modifying text elements in your page.
• Structuring Content.
• Create Headings and Horizontal Rules.
• Control Text Flow.
• Create Lists.
Links in your page
• Hyperlinks: Linking to other pages.
• Links to other websites.
• Creating email links.
• Links to other sections on the page.
• Inserting images in your page.
• Modifying image properties.
• Images and text.
• Layout creation.
• Using basic layout strategies to control the presentation of the content.
• Control the presentation of content with basic CSS styles.
• The evolution of HTML.
• The new structural elements in HTML 5.
• The web as a semantic space.
• Working with the new elements of HTML 5.
• The box model strategy in HTML 5.
• Controlling presentation with CSS.
Upon completion of this HTML course, it is expected that participants will have the ability to:
1. Create a few basic web pages.
2. Insert and format text
3. Apply hyperlinks to connect pages and communicate with user base through the email link.
4. Structure the content on your web page.
5. Use HTML5 as the new structural language for the web.
6. Apply styles to some page elements.
7. Insert and control images on your web page.
8. Create, modify, and format a basic layout.
This HTML course is suitable for those who wish to acquire web development knowledge by hand-coding HTML
You should be familiar with using personal computers with a mouse and keyboard and possess basic typing skills. You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on your computer. Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. Familiarity with Internet Explorer and Firefox would also be an advantage.